Since a couple of days, actually, since I posted my first first picture of that meal I prepared last week, I got really motivated to take some more. Not only that, I learned some photography techniques thanks to some raw food and vegan blogs, which really blew my mind. So, I can’t wait to try these techniques, despite my Cyber-shot Sony camera falling into pieces. When I have the opportunity, I’ll buy a better one, but for now I’ll get by with what I have. I’m so excited!!!
Also, I decided to share more healthy recipes, raw vegan of course, and I gave myself a challenge to post 1 or 2 of them per week. Here’s a salad that I made a few months ago and that I absolutely wanted to make again. I really thought it was delicious. I find that the taste of the sea vegetable is less strong and anybody can enjoy this salad.
Serves 2–3 servings
- 1 handful wakame, soaked in 1 cup water
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ cucumber, finely julienned
- ½ red pepper, finely julienned
- ½ leek, sliced in small pieces
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T tamari
- 1 T agave nectar or honey
- 1 small hand (1½ teaspoons) ginger root
- 1½ t hemp seeds
- 1 clove garlic, micro-planed
- ¼ teaspoon or pinch cayenne